La presse internationale félicite Arash Derambarsh et salue la loi sur le gaspillage alimentaire votée en France !
Revue de presse.
– The Guardian (Angleterre) (Man who forced French supermarkets to donatefood wants to take law global)
Arash Derambarsh, a local councillor who kickstarted fight against food waste in his Paris suburb, wants to convince more countries to follow France’s example
A councillor whose campaign against food waste led to a law forcing French supermarkets to donate unwanted food to charity has set his sights on getting similar legislation passed globally.
Arash Derambarsh said it was “scandalous and absurd” that food is wasted and in some cases deliberately spoiled while the homeless, poor and unemployed go hungry.
Derambarsh – a municipal councillor for the “Divers Droit” (diverse right) in Courbevoie, north-west of Paris – persuaded French MPs to adopt the regulation after a petition gained more than 200,000 signatures and celebrity support in just four months.
The amendment was approved as part of a wider law – the Loi Macron – that covers economic activity and equality in France and is expected to be passed by the national assembly on Tuesday, entering the statute books shortly afterwards.
It will bar supermarkets from throwing away food approaching best-before dates and deliberately poisoning products with bleach to stop them being retrieved by people foraging through bins.
Now Derambarsh wants to convince European countries and the wider world to adopt similar bans. “Food is the basis of life, it is an elementary factor in our existence,” he told the Guardian.
“I have been insulted and attacked and accused of being naive and idealistic, but I became a local councillor because I wanted to help people. Perhaps it is naive to be concerned about other human beings, but I know what it is like to be hungry.
“When I was a law student living on about €400 a month after I’d paid my rent, I used to have one proper meal a day around 5pm. I’d eat pasta, or potatoes, but it’s hard to study or work if you are hungry and always thinking about where the next meal will come from.”
Derambarsh started his campaign by collecting and distributing unwanted food from his local supermarket. “Every day we’d help around 100 people. Half would be single mothers with several children, pensioners or public workers on low salaries, the other half would be those living on the streets or in shelters,” he said.
Derambarsh is planning to table the issue – via the campaign group ONE, founded by U2 singer Bono – when the United Nations discusses its Millennium development goals to end poverty in September as well as at the G20 economic summit in Turkey in November and the COP21 environment conference in Paris in December.
An estimated 7.1m tonnes of food is binned in France each year – 67% of it by consumers, 15% by restaurants and 11% by shops. The figure for food waste across the EU is 89mtonnes while an estimated 1.3bn tonnes are wasted worldwide.
– AFP Japon 仏スーパー食品廃棄禁止法、署名運動は次に欧州へ
– AFP International
Frenchman takes fight against supermarket food wasteabroad
– AFP France Entre Robin des Bois et Forrest Gump, un Français en croisade contre le gaspillage
– France 24 (anglais) Frenchman takes fight against supermarket waste to Europe
– France 24 (français) Arash Derambarsh, l’élufrançais qui veut éradiquer la faim dans le monde
– Greenme.it (Italie) (« Sprechi alimentari : laFrancia obbliga con una legge i supermercati a donare il cibo avanzato)
Metro (Angleterre) (« Arash Derambarsh – Man behind French ban on throwingout waste wants the world to follow suit »)
– The Independent (Angleterre) (Arash Derambarsh – Man behind campaign for French supermarkets to donate waste food wants to take law global)
– CBC Radio (Canada) (“French politician forces supermarkets to donateunwanted food. Now he wants the world to follow suit”)
– Daily Sabah (Turquie) Arash Derambarsh – Frenchman wants to take ‘fooddonation’ campaign to global level
– T13 (Chili) El hombre que consiguió que los supermercados en Francia no boten alimentos Arash Derambarsh, logróque los supermercados franceses donen los alimentos que no venden aorganizaciones de caridad.
– Cuba Debate (Cuba) El concejal que obligóa Francia a no desperdiciar alimentos
– Quality unearthed (Pay de Galles – Wales) Meet Arash Derambarsh, the councillor who is wagingwar against food waste in France, and now further afield ?
– Maclean’s (Canada) Arash Derambarsh, the man tackling France’s food waste Paris councillor Arash Derambarsh is taking his boldplan of turning trash into food to the world
– Reporte Indigo (Mexique) Digan ‘no’ al desperdicio El regidor francéspromotor de la ley que obliga a supermercados a donar comida no caducada buscaglobalizar su campaña
– BBC Mundo (Amérique latine) El hombre que consiguióque los supermercados en Francia no boten alimentos
– Courrier International Gaspillage alimentaire: le Royaume-Uni suivra-t-il l’exemple français ?
– Groene Courant (Pays-Bas – Holland -Netherlands) FRANSMAN LOBBYT VOOR EUROPEES SUPERMARKTVERBOD OPVERKWISTING VOEDSEL
|La République Tchèque|
RT (Russie Télévision version française)
RT (Russie Télévision version anglaise)
EBS (Télévision Corée du Sud)